Control of the H5 is performed via a web browser or the pendant. Before you can use your web browser to control the machine, you will need to connect the controller to your local network and find its IP address.
The H5 machine is equipped with an ethernet control board. Simply connect an ethernet cable to the side of the electrical cabinet and the machine.
Determining the IP Address of your H5 Machine
Once connected and powered, the machine will attempt to automatically obtain an IP address from your local network via DHCP. In order to connect to the web control software, you will need to identify which IP address has been assigned to the machine. There are several ways you can accomplish this:
If your H5 is equipped with a pendant, the IP address can be found by selecting the bottom navigation buttons "Panel" > "Setup". The IP address will appear on the bottom of the screen. It should also appear as a pop-up once an IP address has been assigned.
Most network routers provide a web interface from which you can see the devices connected to your network and the IP addresses that have been assigned to them. The network name of your H5 machine will be its serial number which is which is located on the rear of the electronics cabinet (e.g. H5012).
Serial Connection via USB
- Connect a computer to the machine, as shown above, with a microUSB
- Open Simplify3D (Or Prontrface, or YAT, as an alternative), and go to Tools > Machine Control Panel and connect to the machine.
- Under the Communication tab, enter the following command in the dialog box and click "Send"
- The machine should respond with the status of its network connection which includes the assigned IP address.
It is possible to run an ethernet cable directly from the machine to a computer. This needs to be configured from the computer by following these directions:
Connecting to your Machine
Once you have identified the IP address assigned to your machine, you can now connect to the web control interface. Entering the IP address into the address bar of your preferred web browser address bar and the control interface should appear. It is unlikely that the IP address of your machine will change, so you can safely bookmark the page for easy access to your machine in the future.
- If you can't see the machine over USB, make sure you have the correct drivers installed. (Step 2 here with instructions, direct link, and also located on the machine SD card)
- Connect via USB and confirm that the machine is connected to the correct network (has an IP address):
- Make sure the computer is connected to the same network
- IN A WEB BROWSER, navigate to one of the following addresses to connect to the machine:
- http://IP Address of machine found in previous step