Changes to Uncrating Process for H5 CNC Full
The uncrating process for H5 CNC Full machines has changed slightly from the process for H5 CNC Lite machines in the video below. In addition to the video contents, please familiarize yourself with the following additional steps.
H5 CNC Full - Replace Lifting Bracket with E-Stop Cover
After removing the rigging used to position your machine on the worksurface, you will need to remove the lifting bracket and install the e-stop cover.
- Locate the e-stop cover and e-stop cover fasteners kit.
- Using a 5mm hex key, loosen and remove all four M6 screws securing the lifting bracket to the machine.
- Remove the lifting bracket and store with the two M6x12 screws in case you need to move the machine in the future.
- Secure the two cable clamps with the two M6x8 screws from the rear of the lifting bracket.
- Retrieve two more M6x8 screws from the fasteners kit and secure the e-stop enclosure to the frame of the machine.
- Confirm that the z-axis motor wiring connector is still firmly attached to the z-axis motor.
- Place the e-stop cover over the e-stop enclosure and align the mounting holes.
- Note: The e-stop cover should rest inside the foam trim of the build enclosure.
- Using a 3mm hex key and the five M4x6 screws from the fasteners kit, loosely mount the e-stop cover to the e-stop enclosure. There are two screw locations each on the top and left sides of the e-stop cover, and one screw location on the front of the e-stop enclosure,
- Retrieve the M5x6 screw from the fasteners kit and mount the rear of the e-stop cover to the electrical cabinet with a 4mm hex key.
- After all six screws are loosely installed, tighten them to snug.
H5 CNC Full - Two Counterweight Cables - Remove Springs and Inspect
The machine is now equipped with two counterweight systems. Each counterweight cable is protected during shipping with a tensioning spring. When uncrating your machine, be sure to remove both springs and inspect the cable path for both counterweight cables.
H5 CNC Full - Remove Filament Cable Ties
Each extruder in your machine is shipped preloaded with a sample of 98A filament. To prevent tangling, this filament is coiled and secured in the filament cabinet with cable ties. Remove these cable ties before powering on your machine.
H5 CNC Full - Remove Tool Changer Strips
To help you get started quickly, the 14-tool automatic tool changer comes pre-loaded with 14 tool holders. To prevent these tool holders from falling out during shipping, a red plastic strip is installed in front of the left and right tool changer racks. Remove these strips before powering on your machine and confirm that each tool holder is appropriately located within its position on the tool changer.
H5 CNC Full - Spindle Check on Startup
To reduce the opportunity for crashes, you will be asked whether there is a tool loaded in the spindle on each startup. When you power on the machine, take a moment to visually confirm whether a tool is loaded in the spindle and respond appropriately to the dialog box. If you indicate that a tool is loaded in the spindle, the machine will walk you through the manual recovery process to remove the tool before proceeding with normal operations.
H5 CNC Full - Machine Validation
After the machine is mounted to the work surface and connected to the necessary infrastructure, please be sure to complete the machine validation process. This process will walk you through a process to validate the normal operation of the machine and help confirm that nothing has shifted or been damaged during shipping. Completing this process will also provide you with a helpful accessory for future milling operations.
H5 CNC Lite - Uncrating Video