Installing the Pendant
Note: Be sure to turn off the H-Series machine before doing any work in the electrical cabinet.
Remove the strain relief covering the small hole on the side of the electrical cabinet.
Run the pendant cable through the hole and plug it into the back of the Duet board.
Press back in the strain relief around the cord.
Updating the Pendant
Unscrew the 6 screws on the back of the pendant to access USB connection.
Remove the back cover and connect the pendant to the computer to power it on.
Reset the firmware by holding down the right button for approximately 3 seconds (green), followed by quickly pressing the left button (blue).
Launch Bossa and make sure to apply the following settings. You can download the latest firmware for the pendant from here. Select Write when done and the pendant will be flashed with the latest firmware.
Using the Pendant Interface
- Controls the amount of steps the motor will take for every click of the scroll wheel. The highlighted green option indicates the current selection.
- Indicates the currently selected axis that will be moved with the jog wheel, highlighted in green.
- Current machine position.
- Controls for homing the machine for each axis. The top button is Home All.
- Shows the current status of the selected tool.
- Measure Z will find and set the limits of the Z axis. Make sure to have the probe selected when using this command.
- Macro will open the current list of macros files stored on the machine.
- Tool selection, the currently selected tool is highlighted in yellow.