If the probe stylus is ever bent during operation it should be replaced. This is a common area of damage during a machine crash.
To replace the probe:
- Rotate the turret to position 2. This step is not necessary but it does grant easier access to the probe.
- Remove the rubber covering protecting the internal mechanisms of the probe.
- Use a 10 mm wrench to apply a counter torque while using a 5 mm wrench to remove the probe stylus from the probe housing.
- Replace the probe with a new stylus and tighten until snug.
- Put the rubber cover back over the probe body.
- Re-calibrate every tool.