The H-Series machine uses a Duet WiFi controller. Detailed connection instructions (from the manufacturer) can be found here. The description below is the recommended procedure for the H-Series.
- Connect a computer to the H-Series machine on the left side next to the tablet with the cable included with your printer,
- Open Simplify3D, and go to Tools -> Machine Control Panel (or press Ctrl+P) (or use whatever serial connection interface you normally do), and connect to the machine.
- Under the Communication tab, enter the following commands in the dialog box, substituting your actual network name, password, and Machine Name in the appropriate spots
M587 S"your-network-name" P"your-network-password"
- After a few seconds, the IP address of your name should be displayed in the Communication box. If not, send "M552" to see what the WiFi status is.
- You can now connect to your machine via WiFi by copying the IP address into a web browser address bar. You can also go to http://YourMachineName or http://YourMachineName.local
- You can bookmark this page to access your machine easily in the future
To connect your tablet to your machine, you will need to configure WiFi in the tablet settings (Settings -> WiFi). Then run the H-Series app from the homescreen. If the tablet is on the same network as the machine, then it will find and connect to the machine automatically.
Once you have connected to the WiFi, it would be good practice to update your firmware to latest revision.
- If you can't see the machine over USB, make sure you have the correct drivers installed. (Step 2 here with instructions, direct link, and also located on the machine SD card)
- Connect via USB and confirm that the machine is connected to the correct network (has an IP address):
- If not, toggle the WiFi chip:
- Make sure the computer is connected to the same network
- Try all of the following addresses to connect to the machine:
- http://IP Address of machine found in previous step