Bellows Cover Installation
- With the H-Series securely bolted to the machine base, lay out the location of the bellows end plates with a straight edge and tape measure. The outside dimension of these plates should be 42 inches, centered relative to the machine. Use the straight edge to align the vertical wall of the end plates with the sheet metal cover on the X-carriage (double check that the carriage is centered on the machine.) It is critical that the bellows brackets are centered. If the right bracket is less than 21 inches from the centerline of the machine, the X-axis will fail to home and you will need to repeat this operation.
- Attach the end plates to the top of the machine base using screws appropriate to the material.
- Remove the shroud first before you install the bellow. The shroud can be removed by unscrewing the 4 screws on each corner.
- Install the bellows covers by sliding the plastic end pieces down into the sheet metal flanges of the end plates and X-carriage covers. Be careful not to trap any of the accordion folds in the flanges. Only the thicker plastic end pieces should be captured.
When finished make sure you replace the y-shroud and place the additive bed onto the machine and latch it down.
Build Enclosure Installation
- Place the build enclosure back panels into position and attach the printed flanges to the machine using the (4) M4 screws.
Note: If your machine has subtractive spindles, you will need to release the right side flange from the back panel to allow the spindle wires and air lines to pass thru the slit and into the right side grommet.
- Connect the main wire harness and filament tube flange to the left back panel using 4 (M4) screws. The screws are tight in the flange, but they will go. Then reinstall the edge trim.
- Attach the two back panels together at the top with the printed flange using (2) M4 screws. It is helpful to tilt the panels forward for easier access to the screw heads. To do this, you will need to remove the top portion of the Z-bellows cover by pulling it horizontally forward from the machine.
- Use hold-down bolts or another type of clamp to secure the sides of the back panels to the machine base.
- Install the front panel of the build enclosure. Adjust the alignment of the back panel so that the panels interface well and attach the printed draw latches to secure. Secure the sides of the front panel with hold-down bolts or other clamping mechanism.