The H-Series is a capable yet complicated machine. There are many motor drives, heater circuits, and fans, among other things (see Electronics Summary for detailed information). Most everything is automatically handled by the controller, but at the same time, virtually anything can be modified fairly easily.
This guide will walk you through setting up your H-Series printer, installing the necessary software, and sending your first 3D printed job to the machine.
Before we get started it is important that you understand the safety concerns with running your H-Series machine. Please read through the Safety Guide and watch the following video.
Setting up your H-Series Machine
- Remove your H-Series machine from its crate by following the uncrating guide.
- Due to the size and weight of the H-Series machine it is highly recommended that your mount the machine to a solid workbench. You can get workbench design information by reading through the workbench guide.
- Power up your machine by plugging it in and turning on the switch at the back of the cabinet
- Set up WiFi by following instruction here: Set Up WiFi
- Connect to your machine with a computer, the tablet, or any Android device
- Install the H-Series Wizard software to your computer with simplify3D. It is highly recommended that your install it to the default directory, as a script will be calling it at that location little bit later.
Setting up your first print
Load up the provided .factory file into your version of Simplify3D. We will be printing with Armadillo TPU and Simplify3d for this example.
With the .factory file loaded up in Simplify3d, go ahead and click "Prepare to Print!" It is at this point where you will adjust any settings for your 3D printed part but for the sake of this tutorial this has all already been done for you.
You will be asked to check your processes, go ahead and click ok. Make sure that you have the desired toolhead process selected.
At this screen you can see the current 3d representation and paths that your printer will take in order to build the model. Everything looks good, so go ahead and click ""Save Toolpaths to disk".
If you installed the H-Series Wizard into the default directory, you it should see it automatically start up once you save your gcode from Simplify3D. The H-Series Wizard guide will cover the next few steps more in depth here.
Select on your machine and hit Next
Make sure Auto-clean is selected for all your nozzles and hit next.
Since you ran it from Simplify3D, your gcode file should already be selected. Go ahead and hit Next.
It will not start generating additional gcode for your H-Series printer. When done, go ahead and hit Save. Now you have a gcode and file and you are ready to load up in your machine and start printing.