Here we will configure two opposed rotary axis units to drive a single indexing fixture (usually the Window Frame add-on, but it could also be two ER32 Collets or two Rotary Vises):
- Before sliding the rotary axis into the dove tail bed, ensure that the dove clamps are recessed.
- Slide the rotary axis towards the back of the dove tail bed and tighten the front clamp against the dove tail.
- Plug the cables into the two subD connectors on the side of the electronics cabinet (we standardize on plugging the +X motor in the front connector and the -X motor in the rear connector, as shown above. This makes the +A direction move the front of the fixture down. If there is some reason you need this to be different, simply switch the connectors.)
- Run the attached DUAL4THAXIS macro.
- Home the A axis and verify that they are both properly turning with each other