When adding an FDM tool, the nozzle location will be slightly different than expected. This requires that you set tool offsets as well as possibly adjusting the priming locations. To do this, first navigate to Settings -> System Editor -> tprime#.g (where # is the tool you are adjusting).
In that file, look for this line:
And note the U value (in this case, 300.7).
- Return to machine control and click "Unlock Turret"
- Go to the U position that you noted before by jogging or sending G-Code (G1 U300.7, in this example)
- Send M42 P22 S1, then M42 P22 S0.4 in order to close the pincer (then set it to a holding voltage so it doesn't overheat). It should look like this:
- Slide the entire cleaning station sled out so that the pincer blades touch the nozzle. The nozzle should be perfectly aligned with the grooves in the pincer blades (circled above)
- If the nozzle is not aligned, jog the U axis until they are, and note the new value
- Navigate back to tprime#.g and update the line with the new U value
Please see the attached video: