When adding an FDM tool, the nozzle location will be slightly different than expected. This requires that you set tool offsets as well as possibly adjusting the priming locations. To do this, first navigate to Settings -> System Editor -> tprime#.g (where # is the tool you are adjusting).
In that file, look for this line:
G1 E-10 F3000
; Move nozzle so that it faces the pliers
G1 U85 F9900
; Turn on vacuum
M106 P8 S1
And note the U value (in this case, 85).
- Return to machine control and click "Unlock Turret"
- Go to the U position that you noted before by jogging or sending G-Code (G1 U300.7, in this example)
- Send M42 P22 S1, then M42 P22 S0.4 in order to close the pincer (then set it to a holding voltage so it doesn't overheat). It should look like this:
- Slide the entire cleaning station sled out so that the pincer blades touch the nozzle. The nozzle should be perfectly aligned with the grooves in the pincer blades
- If the nozzle is not aligned (red), jog the U axis until the tip of the nozzle is aligned (green), and note the new value
- Navigate back to tprime#.g and update the line with the new U value
Adjustments to the speed and amount of extrusion and retraction can be made in this block:
; Heat up the nozzle and extrude some filament
M116 P3 S10 ;wait until temperature is with 10deg of target
M42 P20 S1
G1 E16 F6000 ;fast makeup
M42 P20 S0.75
G1 E14 F350 ;slow extrusion
M42 P20 S0
G1 E-10 F3000 ;retraction
The retraction settings will need to be set based on the type of material that will be extruded through that tool. If the retraction is too little, this will result in small blobs appear along the start points of the print that will be seen from the outside.
Please see the attached video: