NEVER REMOVE THE BED WHILE IT IS POWERED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF HEATER POWER IS ON, PUSH THE EMERGENCY STOP.
The bed heater uses a non-locking connector, which means that the bed can be removed without disconnecting anything. This also means that the bed can be removed while it is powered, which will result in an electrical arc that will damage the connector pins. Whenever you would like to remove the bed, do one of the following:
- set the bed temperature to 0
- press the software emergency stop
- hit the physical emergency stop button
- press "turn everything off" in the control interface.
Never remove the bed while it is powered (it is OK if the bed is hot).
Otherwise, the bed heater operation is straightforward. The bed can be placed on the support pins, locked in place with the magnetic levers, and set to the desired temperature (up to 110C). If the firmware reads a temperature fault when the bed is removed, then you must send "M562" to the controller before you can heat it again.
Bed heater specs:
- Bed heater power: 350W
- Bed heater voltage: 48V
- Bed temperature: 100C max
- Control thermistor: 3950 NTC
- Pad thermostat cutoff: 120C