This video details how to set tool length offsets:
Setting tool length offsets is critical to achieving accurate parts and also to preventing crashes into the build surface. This process is done mostly in the "Offsets" tab of the H-Series Control interface, by controlling the Z value of the tool offsets.
- All tools installed on the turret
- Print bed installed
- Machine homed
- Press "Home Z" from the "Machine Control" tab. This will ensure that the Probe is zeroed on the bed. Then navigate to the "Offsets" page:
- Click on the tool you would like to set the offset for (in this case, Tool 1), so that the turret moves that tool into the active position. Click on the Z-offset value for the tool and set it to 0.0:
- From the Machine Control page, move the Z-axis down until the tool just contacts a shim of known thickness, or until the tool barely contacts the print bed.
- In the Offsets tab, set the Z position of the tool to the negative value of the Z-axis. (So if the tool is in contact with the bed and the Z axis position is 9.5, then type -9.5 in to the Z offset for that tool). If you use a shim to find the Z position, then subtract the shim thickness from the Z axis position, and type the negative value into the Z-offset.
Note: The effect of this will be immediate - so the tool Z-axis position should be correct after typing in the offset. (That is, if the tool is in contact with the bed, the Z-axis position will be 0.0. If a shim was used, the Z-axis position will be the thickness of the shim.)
Repeat this process for all tools.