The H-Series machine uses a Duet WiFi controller. Detailed instructions for connecting to the controller can be found here. The description below is the recommended procedure for the H-Series.
- Connect a computer to the H-Series machine on the left side next to the tablet with the cable included with your printer,
- Open Simplify3D, and go to Tools -> Machine Control Panel (or press Ctrl+P) (or use whatever serial connection interface you normally do), and connect to the machine.
- Under the Communication tab, enter the following commands in the dialog box, substituting your actual network name, password, and Machine Name in the appropriate spots
- M587 S"your-network-name" P"your-network-password"
- M550 PYourMachineName (this can be changed later)
- M552 S1
- After a few seconds, the IP address of your name should be displayed in the Communication box. If not, send M552 to see what the WiFi status is.
- You can now connect to your machine via WiFi by copying the IP address into a web browser address bar. You can also go to http://YourMachineName or http://YourMachineName.local
- You can bookmark this page to access your machine easily in the future
To connect your tablet to your machine, you will need to configure WiFi in the tablet settings (Settings -> WiFi). Then run the H-Series app from the homescreen. If the tablet is on the same network as the machine, then it will find and connect to the machine automatically.
To learn how to control your machine once you are connected, see the Controlling the H-Series page.